A Brief History
The origins of the Clifton Christian Centre are a small green wooden hut on Fredora Avenue in Marton, Blackpool, with a mission that started in the 1930’s. As the church became established the green hut was replaced in the mid-1970s with the two pre-fabricated Marley buildings that occupy the site today.
Towards the end of the nineties, the fellowship had grown and parking on the narrow residential street was becoming more of an issue, so the church leadership felt that God was leading them to move to new premises. After an extensive search, the former Clifton Labour Club on Langdale Road was found and purchased in 1998 and renovation of the building commenced soon after. Much of the work was done by members of the church. The church was opened on 15 September 2001 by the General Superintendent of the Elim Movement, the Reverent John Glass.
Since then the Church has become established on the Mereside estate and has been proud to receive several Community Awards.